- Trip must be fairly impromptu without much planning. Road trips and vacations are different.
- The driver gets to choose the music. No exceptions.
- If the weather is agreeable, the windows are down.
- There is no crying on road trips.
- If you have children that cry, your children will stay home.
- There is no importance of time. If you have to be back at a certain time, you have killed the road trip.
- If something looks interesting, we stop and look.
- If I am driving and you tell me I am driving too slow, I will drive even slower.
Road trips lead you to Vivace in Charlottesville, VA. Even though we got off on the wrong exit, our trusty GPS led us to this charming restaurant. The atmosphere inside was delightful, but the patio outside was heavenly. It felt as if we were in a charming Italian village.
|Insalata di Caprese |
Spinach, pears, walnuts, Gorgonzola with a white balsamic vinaigrette
Pasta with light cream pesto, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese, and pine nuts
And one more rule.
11. I will take pictures of my food for this here blog. Be prepared for me to whip out the camera.
(My traveling companion was not aware of this rule. She had already started on her pasta before I could get a picture.)
So, where have your road trips led you?