Green Pizza

Here's another recipe that was passed around. My great aunt gave it to my mom, who passed it to me. It sounds revolting if you read through the ingredients, but it baked up beautifully brown and toasty on top. It was a good "green pizza" according to Frick. Yes, Farmer Brown did eat it. He is getting tired of trying all of the new zucchini recipes. If I hadn't been around, I suspect that he would have ate more. Also, it was rather good heated up the next day. I put a piece in the skillet and covered it with a lid. The crust was even crisper this way.

Zucchini Pie

1 pizza crust (I used refrigerated pizza crust)
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. mustard
4 c. grated zucchini
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. butter
2 Tb. parsley
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Place the crust in your pizza pan. Spread with the mustard (I used a little more mustard to lightly cover the crust.) Sprinkle with 1 c. of shredded mozzarella cheese. Saute the zucchini, onion and butter in a large skillet, 3-5 minutes until tender. Then add the spices. (I did use fresh oregano, parsley, and basil from the garden.) Spread the mixture over the cheese on the crust. Then, beat the two eggs and stir in the remaining cup of cheese. Spoon and spread this over the zucchini. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts