Holy Cow.


"Imagine if we had to cook with an entire cow?" - Pearl

Actual comment made by Pearl from Pearls of Wisdom in the Hairy Chicken Butt post.
Since Farmer Brown is a beef farmer and we don't have beef in our freezer and I am paying mucho dollars for beef from the Walmart, I have been complaining. So Farmer Brown took a steer to the butcher. Today, the call came in.
"We have your cow ready. How would you like that cut up?"
Apparently, responding with "in packages" was not the response they were expecting. I guess I am to tell the butcher what cuts of meat I would like. And I guess, you really don't get 351 pounds of beef all in ground hamburger and steaks. I mean, I guess you can get 351 pounds of ground beef if you want it, but there are lots of other exciting pieces of meat waiting for me.
I told the butcher to surprise me.
Not really. I called my mother-in-law who took matters into her hands and placed the order. We pick it up tomorrow. The deep freezer is ready and waiting.
As a side note, our beef grew up in the pasture two miles down the road. It was fed grass and a little grain. This is the way that Farmer Brown has always raised his beef. When I told him that we would now be feeding the children "organic" beef, he snorted. Farmer Brown doesn't think much of all this "eco-friendly stuff" simply because Farmer Brown was "green" before it was fashionable.
***I have posted this three times, editing the paragraphs. Blogger is not accepting paragraphs today. It is driving me nuts.

Comments

Willnnabel said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willnnabel said…
Thanks for visiting my blog. I am glad you like the playlist you can add one to your blog it's free, and as I always say, "If it's Free it's for Me!". I bought a beef quarter a few months ago and wish I had bought a half. Love your blog!

P.S. Had to remove my comment to repair it for poor spelling.
Tiffany said…
We got half a hog back in the summer. I had no idea what to ask for. It was my nephew's 4-H project. I don't want to know what it ate, what it looked like or how it spent it's time. I'm in meat denial. I just want to cook it and pretend my kids aren't asking if we're eating "squeely" tonight. They think that's funny.
Hello Brindi!

It's time to get started on all of your weight loss goals!

Last week you entered the Giveaway on the Make and Take website for Creating Your Own “LifeVision”. Unfortunately, you weren’t the winner, but we still want to offer you a chance of make 2009 your best year yet! The LifeVision is one of the most powerful ways of implement your goals into your daily life! Many have called it the perfect application to the Law of Attraction. Imagine listening to your goals via an ipod or CD everyday (complete with action plan, motivation etc).

For the next week, you can purchase everything you need to jump start those 2009 goals at a 33% discount. We’re also offering a 30-day trial. If you aren’t satisfied, you can return it for a 100% refund. So what do you have to lose!?!

Click Here For More Information
Let Your Life Speak
Emily said…
Hmm, that's going to be a lot of beef. Want to send some my way? I've been craving a burger.
all i know... i just bust a gut reading what you have on your profile page... SO flipping funny!
i LOVE that!

i must come back to your blog! :)
so great!

Popular Posts