I Now Crave...

Zucchini Parmesan Crisps. Oh my. These were lovely. Not in like take a picture lovely, because I didn't think they would photograph well. But lovely in the way they crisped in your mouth. This was quick and easy. Took like 30 minutes. Perfect little chippies.

So here I am, bad mouthing the lamb pops and this little recipe was hiding in Ellie's cookbook, p. 251. I splattered some olive oil on the page, officially initiating the cookbook into the permanent collection.

Zucchini Parmesan Crisps by Ellie Krieger The Foods You Crave

Cooking Spray
1 lb. zucchini (about 2 medium)
1 Tb. olive oil
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 c. plain dry bread crumbs
1/8 tsp. salt
freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Slice the zucchini into 1/4 inch thick rounds. In a medium bowl, toss the zucchini with the oil. In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Dip each round into the cheese mixture, coating evenly on both sides. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until browned and crisp. 25-30 minutes.

Of note, I made my own bread crumbs out of leftover whole wheat bread. I also lined the baking sheet with parchment paper.

The WW points would be 2 points per serving. I ate most of them. Farmer brown ate them. But the biggest wonder of all was that Frack ate them. Frack has an aversion to a lot of foods. He often scrapes offending foods from his tongue. He ate two. He ate two pieces of zucchini.

Comments

Popular Posts