Must be good for you.

Chocolate Zucchini Cake
2 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. cocoa
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
3/4 c. butter or oil
2 c. sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. orange peel
2 c. grated zucchini
1 1/2 c. milk
1 c. chopped nuts

Beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla together. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, excluding the nuts. Alternate mixing the flour mixture into the egg mixture with the milk. Stir in the zucchini and nuts. Bake in a 350 degree oven.

Glaze
2 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
3 Tb. milk
dash of salt
Mix together and pour over cool cake.

This is a recipe from my mom. Things are missing as is often the case with recipes she gives me. I used a miniature bundt pan, so I baked the cakes for about 30 minutes. Just kind of guess about how long to bake the cake based on the size of pan you use. Just watch to see the edges pull away from the sides. (*These were my mom's instructions when I asked how long to bake the cake. )

Anyway, the cake was a little dry because I overbaked it a smidge. The glaze helped offset the dryness. I sent the cake to work with my husband and the men didn't realize that there was zucchini in it.

Comments

Popular Posts