Morning Muffins

Quick quiz - Do you say "Pee-cans" or "Pa-cahns"?

I've always said "Pee-can". Then this rude northern person told me that a "Pee-can" was something kept under the bed at night.

No matter what you call them, I love pecans. I was ecstatic to see a recipe with only five ingredients that I could whip up in the mornings. Even though I say I made these to pack in the kids' breakfast, I knew they wouldn't eat them. Fine by me. Warm from the oven they really do taste like little mini-pecan pies.

Pecan Pie Muffins
1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. chopped pecans
2/3 c. butter, melted and cooled
2 eggs, beaten

In large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and pecans. Set aside. In another bowl, stir together the butter and eggs. Stir both together. Fill greased and floured mini-muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes. Remove and cool on wire racks.

Comments

Popular Posts