Peach Jam



Canning makes me feel ant-like. Preparing for the winter and all. If it is a bad winter, I envision my family sitting around, not starving, eating peach jam because that is all that I have canned.

This is easy. Follow directions on preparing the jars and lids - washing them out, keeping them warm.

In a large stockpot, combine the following:

5 c. crushed peaches

1/2 c. crushed pineapple

7 c. sugar

Bring to a rolling boil. Cook 15 minutes. Open 2 small peach jellos or 1 large peach jello. Turn heat to low. Stir until the jello is dissolved. Pour into prepared jars. Process in a boiling water bath for about 5 minutes. Yield: about 12 8oz. jars

I only had six jars seal because I don't think that I really knew how to do a boiling water bath correctly. Since they had been out all night, I didn't feel safe in reprocessing them. I put the six that didn't seal in the fridge. Farmer Brown, who gets up early, determined which were sealed correctly. If you vaguely know me, you will be getting a fresh jar of peach jam to eat. If I fail to give you one, please just ask.

Comments

Popular Posts