Pineapple Zucchini Bread

When my mom came to visit the other day, we went out to the garden to pick tomatoes, and guess what we found? Zucchini! I sent home three with her and picked two more today. This has got to be the last of them.

This is my favorite bread recipe. I have made it at least five times this summer. I put several bags of zucchini in the freezer. When I pull it out this winter, this will be the recipe that I make.

Pineapple Zucchini Bread
2 eggs
2 c. sugar
1 c. vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 can (8 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained

In mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla together. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients - flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir into the egg mixture. Fold in the zucchini and pineapple. Pour into two greased loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 60 - 70 minute or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.


Comments

Popular Posts