Pumpkins!


My garden has been invaded and completely taken over by weeds. I truly believe this is the only thing that is keeping the deer from eating what is in there. Seriously, the neighbors have electric fence around their gardens. Me? Nothing. Just lots of weeds. It seems to be working.

I am scared of snakes. Petrified. The weeds seem to be keeping me out also. I will only pick what I can reach from the perimeter of the garden. However, there are bright globes of orange starting to show through the green.

Pumpkins. Lots of pumpkins.

So I know it is a little early, but if you are like me, I need to plan my baking in advance. I will be sharing some of my favorite pumpkin recipes with you, so that you can pick and choose and be ready for pumpkin consumption.


Blueberry Pumpkin Muffins
1 2/3 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. all-spice
1 c. pumpkin
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1/3 c. butter
1 c. brown sugar
1 egg
1 c. blueberries
1 Tb. flour
Mix butter and sugar. Add egg. Beat until fluffy. In separate bowl, mix 1 2/3 c. flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and all-spice. Add the dry ingredients with the egg mixture, alternating with the pumpkin and milk. Combine the 1 Tb. of flour and blueberries. Fold into batter. Fill greased muffin tins. Sprinkle streusel on top. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.

Makes 12 large muffins.

Streusel
2 Tb. flour
2 Tb. sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 Tb. butter
Mix together with fork until it resembles crumbs.

And if you need a pie pumpkin, you can get one from me as long as you don't mind braving the weeds to pick your own.

Comments

Popular Posts