Salad Again?

I know that I need to eat more vegetables, but at times I feel like I could choke if I ate one more piece of lettuce. I don't mind this salad yet.

It's a pretty salad with the bright oranges and reds of the fruit against the greens. I didn't figure up the WW points because I keep the dressing on the side and use it sparingly. The dark green spinach hides so well with the other lettuce so that I can sneak it in on the family.

Red Leaf Lettuce Salad

Lettuce (usually use one bag of spinach and some green or red leaf lettuce)

1 pint strawberries, sliced

1 can Mandarin oranges, drained

1 green onion, chopped

sliced almonds (sometimes toast them for more crunch)

chow mien noodles (optional)



Dressing

1/4 c. red wine vinegar

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1/4 c. sugar (sometimes use Splenda and sometimes use lots more sugar)

1 tsp. dry mustard

1 tsp. poppy seeds

Stir together sugar and mustard. Add other ingredients and shake, shake, shake.

Comments

Popular Posts