A Trip to Heaven

A last hurrah before school starts - a day for me! My mom came and we traveled to Mt. Crawford, Virginia to the Green Valley Book Fair. Two big barns full of brand new discounted books. I took my camera so that you could glimpse heaven also, but I was so overwhelmed by all of the books, I forgot to take pictures. I was dizzy with excitement.

If you ever have a chance and you like books, you should make the trip there. You know that I still can't do nifty links on my site, so go here: http://www.gvbookfair.com/ Their site is not impressive, you just have to trust them and go.

Since I want my blog to be focused on the subject, there were cookbooks for $1 and $2 a piece. I didn't buy any. Really, I was dizzy.

We had a nice lunch and then went to the Cheese Store in Stuart's Draft, Virginia. http://www.the-cheeseshop.com/ Once again, unimpressive website.

It wasn't what I remembered from the last time I was there several years ago. I wouldn't drive just to go there, but if you happen to be in the area, drop by. They had Pumpkin Whoopies and Chocolate Whoopies. They were good, but my recipe is better.

Comments

Popular Posts