Pumpkin Crisp

If you are looking for great pictures to go with recipes, I ain't got any. I'm trying not to eat that stuff currently. (This period of deprivation will end sometime next week with my head stuffed into a Little Debbie box.) If I don't make it, I don't eat it. With the absence of sweets, I find myself dreaming about food. This pumpkin recipe blows my mind when it is warm out of the oven. I love hot cake, but hot crisp is the bomb.

Pumpkin Crisp
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin
1 c. evaporated milk
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
1 c. chopped pecans
1 c. butter, melted
Stir together the first five ingredients. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle cake mix evenly over pumpkin mix. Sprinkle with pecans. Drizzle melted butter over top. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with nutmeg.

Comments

Popular Posts