SNOW DAY!

Our first snow day of the year! We are in a winter storm warning until midnight tonight. We are expected to get up to a foot of snow! Bring it on!

Frick and Frack are playing with play-doh in the kitchen, while I make Pumpkin Pie Squares from My Sisters' Cucina. My kids will play with play-doh for hours. This was one of last year's Christmas presents. It was worth the money.

We have a fresh new batch of Play-doh from Trick-or-Treating at school. Normally, we make our own. If you find yourself with an unexpected snow day, you can make your children some fun.

Play Dough
1 c. all-purpose white flour

1 Tb. oil

1 c. water

1/2 c. salt

2 tsp. cream of tartar

Food coloring

Combine all elements in pot. Stir constantly over medium heat. The mixture will stay liquid at first, then, all of a sudden, it will come together in a ball. Keep stirring until all the dough comes together. Remove from heat immediately. Turn onto the counter. When it is cool enough to handle, knead it for a few minutes. Once it has a nice, silky texture, it is ready to use. Store in sealed plastic bag in the fridge. (Sometimes we add a little almond or vanilla flavoring to give it a sweet smell.)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Snow!!!! Wow... I have my windows open because it got a bit stuffie in here. I would love for it to snow here one day.... That would make my day. I hope yall are safe from the weather and stay warm~
Brindi said…
We could do a house trade. You can come here and decorate and enjoy the snow. I will sit in your house and love your beautiful decorations!
Anonymous said…
Brindi thanks sooo much for stopping by!! You are soo sweet!!

I didnt know you could homemake play doh! Thats awesome!!

Popular Posts