Now that would be motivation.
And speaking of motivation - a blog award. I'm terrible at this. I have received awards in the past that I didn't pass on. So this time, I'm following through. Apparently, you are to share honest things about yourself and then pass it on.
The Sporadic Cook If Julie lived near me, I'm pretty sure we would swap recipes and dishes. She gives me great ideas all the time.
Betty Beguiles Betty's posts always inspire me. She has devoted herself to living modestly. She has all the places to find the best vintage inspired dresses. Her site brings out the inner June Cleaver in me.
Real Mom Kitchen This is still one of my favorites. Laura cranks out new posts five days a week. This is my go-to site for recipes when I need a quick dinner.
The Adventures of Heather Heather has the best luck - within the past couple of months, she has won two giveaways. I visit just so her good juju rubs off on me, but then I stay to read her adventures as a newlywed.
Little Bit Funky Please just go look at her new baby boy! Plus, her etsy shop has the cutest stuff. She also has Ray Lamontagne on her Playlist which makes me so happy every time I visit.
Jam Jar Boogie She teaches art, puts on plays, raises chickens, raises children, writes a blog. She is new to me but I like her style.
My Tasty Treasures This one is new to me, but her posts make me crack up.
My Honest Things
1. I have mixed up a box of brownie mix and ended up not having enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan.
2. I cannot cook eggs. Fried, scrambled, boiled - you name it - they end up awful. Even tried egg beater omelets -dry as popcorn farts.
3. I loathe exercising, but put on some old-school hip hop and I turn into a dancing maniac. However, my style is similar to Napoleon Dynamite.
4. I love going to the movies. When the Lewis Theater goes up for sale in my town, I want to buy it, rip up the theater seats, install funky couches and coffee tables, and serve cafe-type food.
5. My sister and I once met Stone Cold Steve Austin in an airport in Texas. She was unafraid to approach him and talk to him and charm him, but I giggled uncontrollably the whole time. That's why I love my sister. She's who I want to be.
6. I am already my mother.
7. My children truly are the sunshines of my life.