As Your BFF, I Must Ask, What is that Smell?


Blog Farts – noun. Def: Crappy ideas that are too short to make a real blog post, but when combined, join forces to make one unified, albeit half assed, post. see also: memes, surveys.

How is it that I have only posted one BFF with Jaci at Ravings of a Mad Housewife on Blog Fart Fridays, and I already feel like I have nothing to say?


1. I have terrible eyesight. Without my contacts, can't see jack squat. To compensate though, I can hear like a bat and smell like a bloodhound. To me music and smells are powerful memory joggers.

2. This week, I was in Kroger's, sniffing the body washes that were on sale, and came upon one that smelled exactly like someone I used to know. It was so powerful, taking me back, that I started crying in the aisle. I had to compose myself by looking at the hemorrhoid creams. The scent still stuck with me (I think I got the soap up my nose.) and I couldn't shake the memory. Had the remaining breakdown in the car on the way home.

3. I didn't make it to be weighed this week. My gym intimidates me. My personal trainer, The Meatball, doesn't appear to like chubby girls and avoids me at all costs. Plus, the last time I was weighed, I smelled like Old Spice Sport scent deodorant and patchouli (long, strange story - I hate patchouli). He probably remembers that smell and is intimidated by me.

4. This week I had ramps and rhubarb in my fridge at one point. I don't even think I can describe for you what my house smelt like.

5. I couldn't pin what I thought rhubarb tasted like - I now feel it tastes like patchouli.

6. Every year, I grow this beautiful herb garden that smells incredible. But I am now going to officially admit, I hate the taste of rosemary. So if you are in the area, and you like rosemary in your food, feel free to stop by and harvest your own.



Comments

Christie said…
great farts, er, i mean-oh heck, i don't know what i mean!! funny anyway! did any of your students admit to being "peckers" lol!!! that is freakin' hilarious right there~
The Wrenns said…
Sooooo...I wonder what the hemorroid cream smell reminded you of? Great farts--cracked me up!
Heather said…
your herb garden sounds lovely! What all do you grow? I wish I could start one here in my apartment. I'm growing a pot of lavender though, which is kinda fun.
Kathy said…
Rosemary and chives are pretty easy for me to grow, and I'm not a big rosemary fan either. I do like plants that are easy to grow.

Scents tend to remind of things, too, although not as strongly as they do for you, I think.
Amy said…
You are soooo funny. I loved your tale of looking at the hemorrhoid cream to get yourself composed. I have a couple of those methods myself. If I'm about to cry and I don't want to, I think of dead puppies. There's nothing more horrible than that. Or I think of words that start with "L," like lemon, lollipop, lobotomy, lapdance, etc.
Jen said…
these were great! I wish that I could grow herbs.

Popular Posts