A Connection


This is my dad. He passed away when I was 13 years old. That's not enough years for a girl to spend getting to know her dad.

Like I never knew he was a cook in the army.

These photos came up after my grandparents passed. Here was his picture with his handwriting on the back.

I always thought that my time in the kitchen was influenced by my mom, but now this makes me have this small connection with my dad.

My dad was never in the kitchen - I do remember him making burgers under the broiler and cinnamon toast. On several occasions, he did pack my lunch - RC in a can and HoHo snack cakes. (More than likely, there were baseball cards to be had on the bottom of the snack cake box - he was an avid baseball card collector.)

There's so much I never learned about him, but there are so many small connections he still makes in my life.

Comments

Julie said…
I love the picture of your dad. You're right, 13 years is definitely not enough. But it sounds like he did it right while he got to be there with you. It's truly amazing to still find those connections.

Popular Posts