Do You Wait Until the Last Minute?

I'm notorious for being a procrastinator. I wait until the last minute to get things started. I think I work better under pressure. So, if you are like me and need to throw a fabulous dessert together for that picnic you were invited to eight weeks ago, you can whip this up quickly.

You could make this in a pie pan if you don't have a tart pan, but I think the filling would be too much if you made it thick. Also, we decided, my sister and I, that the jello is totally unnecessary, especially if you are using all that wonderful fresh fruit.


Triple-Berry Cheesecake Tart
by Kraft Foods

45 vanilla wafers, finely crushed (about 1-1/4 cups)
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup thawed cool whip
2 cups mixed berries (raspberries, sliced strawberries and blueberries)
3/4 cup boiling water
1 pkg. (3 oz.) lemon flavored jello
1 cup ice cubes

Mix wafer crumbs and butter until well blended; press onto bottom and up side of 9-inch tart pan. Freeze while preparing filling. Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with mixer until well blended. Gently stir in cool whip; spoon into crust. Top with berries. Refrigerate.
Add boiling water to jello in medium bowl; stir 2 min. until completely dissolved. Add ice; stir until melted. Refrigerate 15 min. or until slightly thickened; spoon over fruit in pan. Refrigerate 3 hours or until set.

Comments

Tiffany said…
Oh yeah, I'm a procrastinator. I've got to take something somewhere tomorrow night, still haven't decided what. That looks great though!

Popular Posts