Ina is Somewhere Trying to Get Me Banned from the Internet

Ina and I are real tight friends. Or we were. Until, limes were on sale, and I decided to make her Tequila Lime Chicken with a few substitutions. Ina states in her recipe that she uses Cuervo Gold tequila. I'm cheap and will also not use the whole bottle of tequila, so I bought the El Toro brand in the plastic bottle. I still thought the $9.00 price tag was a little high.

Also, forgot to buy the fresh oranges. We always have Juicy Juice and we were lucky enough to have Orange Tangerine. Didn't want to outdo the cheap tequila, so it was a perfect pairing.

I seriously doubt that Ina has ever used this ingredients in her recipe. I seriously doubt that El Toro has ever been on her pantry shelf.

This was a fabulous spark to grilled chicken.


Tequila Lime Chicken
1/2 c. gold tequila (or El Tora Tequila)

1 c. freshly squeezed lime juice (5 -6 limes)

1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice (2 oranges) or (Juicy Juice Orange Tangerine)

1 Tb. chili powder

1 Tb. minced fresh jalapeno pepper (1 pepper seeded)

1 Tb. minced fresh garlic (3 cloves)

2 tsp. kosher salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

3 whole (6 split) chicken breasts, skin on (or whatever chicken you have)

Combine the tequila, lime juice, orange juice, chili powder, jalapeno pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken breasts and refrigerate overnight.

Grill chicken until juices run clear.

Comments

Lunch Buckets said…
It's not that she's trying to get you banned from the internet, you'll just be forbidden from ever using her name again. Ever. Kinda like me at that Startha Mewart woman.
Julie said…
Maybe Ina would be proud of your ingenuity! I would prefer tequila in a plastic container because of my little "dropping things all the time" problem.
Then chicken looks great!
Emily said…
Sounds lucious!

Popular Posts