When Does a Muffin Cross the Line?

I got this recipe over at The Finer Things. What drew me to this recipe was that it had zucchini and whole wheat four. If you ignore the oil, sugar, and LARGE box of instant pudding mix, this is rather healthy.

I figured these would be a little dry or heavy. But, I was wrong. So wrong. These tasted like little chocolate cupcakes.

So, when does a muffin cross the line and become a cupcake? And is it a cupcake if it doesn't have icing?

Chocolate Pudding Zucchini Muffins
3 eggs, beaten
1 c. cooking oil
1 1/4 c. sugar
1 large package chocolate instant pudding
2 c. grated zucchini
2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. unbleached flour
2 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. chopped nuts (optional)
Beat eggs, oil, sugar, pudding mix, vanilla and zucchini together.
Blend dry ingredients and add to zucchini mixture; mix well.
Scoop into greased muffin tins. Bake 17-20 minutes at 350°.

*Amy at The Finer Things said that she got 2 1/2 dozen. I got 1 1/2 dozen regular muffins and 2 dozen mini-muffins. She also suggested that it could be made into 2 loaves.



Very unappetizing picture of the muffins. Here's proof that they're good:

Comments

I thought the exact same thing when I made them. Uh-oh... I'm serving CUPCAKES for breakfast! LOL

Next time, I'm going to sub 1/2 cup applesauce for 1/2 cup oil and see what happens.

Glad you enjoyed them!

Popular Posts