Drawing the Line

I love cake. I can't stop eating cake. I love cake without icing. I love cake warm from the over. I love the squooshy soft texture of cake. I love dense pound cakes. I love moist chocolate cakes with chunks of chocolate in the batter. I love dry yellow cakes with chocolate icing. I love cake.



This is how we, I mean me, eat cake at the house. Get a fork. Draw a line in the icing of the piece of cake you intend to eat. Eat to your line. Notice that the line is uneven and will look like you ate from the pan. Work hard at evening it up.
Think that you need just a little more and draw a bigger line. Forget all propriety. Just leave the fork in the pan. No sense in dirtying up more forks. It will be there for later.
Who says you can't have your cake and eat it, too?

Comments

Beth said…
Omigosh. #1 - I absolutely ADORE your new layout!!

#2 - I love cake. Cake is my biggest weakness. Sure, I love cookies and other lovelies. But when it comes to cake and its cousin, brownies... I'm done for. It's all over. Stick a fork in me, I'm done.

I. LOVE. CAKE.

Popular Posts