Hope

"Hope is not about proving anything. It's about choosing to believe this one thing, that love is bigger than any grim, bleak shit anyone can throw at us."
I’ve been in a funk. Deep funk. Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch Funk. I don’t know if it was a different job this year, the long, hibernating winter we had, or if it was just the mean reds, but it settled in and made itself at home.

Been swimming in this funky fog for several months.

Then, a few weeks ago, the sun began to peep through. Not a big sunshiney day blast. Just a peep. Enough to make me feel like I might be able to breathe again.

Yesterday, it exploded in sunshine with the full rays you could see one by one.

Shedding that funk off and finding myself. Sloughing off that dead weight and finding some happiness again. And finding underneath, me, with a tougher, newer skin. Going to enjoy this metamorphosis that I’ve been going through.

Spring is here, and summer ain’t far behind.

Comments

Julie said…
Sorry you've been feeling crappy. Hope you get it all shaken off soon!
Mrs. Anderson said…
Thanks, Julie! I'm missed being on here. Got to get back to what I like to do.
Cheryl said…
It must of been the long, long, long winter...I have been feeling it too! Glad you are better :^>

Popular Posts