Decorated Christmas Cookies
For years, I have wanted to make pretty sugar cookies featuring royal icing. The Pioneer Woman's step-by-step instructions and photos inspired me. I knew I could do it.
And I did. I made the sugar cookies (way crumbly dough), mixed the royal icing (what a royal pain), and selected colors.
But alas, here are my results.
It was a kitchen disaster of epic proportions.
Lessons were learned:
- Be prepared and have everything laid out ahead of time.
- Keep it simple. Stick with one or two designs, two or three colors.
- Make the cookies ahead of time, so that it is not an overwhelming day.
- Don't promise two little pesky kids that they can help. They make a mess and lose interest quickly.
- I'll stick with the cinnamon rolls, Ree.