Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Pioneer Woman Did Me In

So. Did you see this post?

Decorated Christmas Cookies

For years, I have wanted to make pretty sugar cookies featuring royal icing. The Pioneer Woman's step-by-step instructions and photos inspired me. I knew I could do it.

And I did. I made the sugar cookies (way crumbly dough), mixed the royal icing (what a royal pain), and selected colors.

But alas, here are my results.







It was a kitchen disaster of epic proportions.

Lessons were learned:
  • Be prepared and have everything laid out ahead of time.
  • Keep it simple. Stick with one or two designs, two or three colors.
  • Make the cookies ahead of time, so that it is not an overwhelming day.
  • Don't promise two little pesky kids that they can help. They make a mess and lose interest quickly.
  • I'll stick with the cinnamon rolls, Ree.

2 comments:

lat said...

At least your oven continued to work?? :)

Brindi said...

Is your oven still not working? You come on up anytime and we'll fire the oven up and bake up some cookies. Miss you.

 

Designed by 100 Web Hosting