A Few Things on My Mind

I've had a few things on my mind lately.   It just can't seem to escape my notice.






I wasn't even aware of it when I made these Baby Bundts by Nigella Lawson.  I just had some leftover lemons that I needed to do something with and a mini-bundt pan that never gets used often.  Nigella recommends using a mini-Bundt pan with 6 molds, which I have, made by Pampered Chef.  The dimensions of the Pampered Chef pan must be bigger then the one she used because I only had enough batter to make four.  Four is not enough to justify me making icing.  We had one devoured as soon as we popped it out of the pan.  Three, definitely is not enough to justify me making icing. 


Baby Bundts
How to Be a Domestic Goddess by Nigella Lawson

1/2 c. plain yogurt
6 Tb. melted butter
2 large eggs
 zest of 1 lemon
1 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
7 Tb. sugar

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.  In large bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and sugar.  In a smaller bowl, combine the yogurt, melted butter, eggs, and lemon zest.  Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.  Fill the mini-Bundt pan with the mixture.  Bake for 25 - 30 minutes.  Leave them to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes and then remove to a wire rack, flat-side down to cool.  Top with the icing.

Icing:
1 1/3 c. confectioners' sugar
juice of 1 lemon

Sift the confectioners' sugar into a bowl, and add enough lemon juice to make an icing thick enough to ice the tops and drizzle down the sides.

Comments

These sound great! I love any dessert with lemon in it!

- Maggie
cindy* said…
How could you NOT have the twins on your mind?! A few years ago my mom went through a scare and I was going nuts over it...I can only imagine. The bundts do look amazing though!

I will be sending positive thoughts your way!!
Brindi said…
Maggie - it was a lovely lemon cake.

Thanks so much, Cindy.

Popular Posts