On Crack.

Lately, I've been thinking of taking up smoking.  You see, I'm a stress eater.  Been a little stressed on and off the past couple of weeks, months, years.  When I get stressed, I put something in my pie hole.  So, I was thinking, if instead of putting food in the pie hole, what if I just smoked a cigarette?


I know, I know...there are all those health precautions about smoking, but isn't there just as many health precautions about being overweight?


The benefits of smoking for me would be calmed nerves and weight loss.  There would be less eating on my part.  And at one time, smoking was considered glamorous and classy.  Or, it made you appear more of a bad ass.  I'm thinking that either of those would be good for my image.


Of course, there are the downfalls.   I fight hard not to look older already.   I don't need more yellow teeth; it would be heck on the false teeth I have.  I don't want to smell like an ashtray.   Plus, I just can't afford it or the fancy cigarette holder that Aubrey Hepburn is rocking because that would be the way I would roll.  

I guess considering all that, I'll stick with eating, starting with these brownies.  They are as addicting as smoking or crack. They are too rich to eat in large quantities, but I guarantee, you won't stop thinking about them.  

Hardest part of recipe - opening the miniatures.  They're all I had.

Better-Than-Crack-Brownies
Stolen/borrowed recipe from How Sweet It Is
1 box brownie mix, made according to package directions
1/2 cup salted peanuts 
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Baggies of crack brownies to take to work and distribute.  


Comments

Popular Posts