Give Me Some of Your Tots.

"Why do you love me? Why do you need me? Always and forever... We met in a chatroom, now our love can fully bloom... Sure the world wide web is great, but you, you make me "salvivate"... I love technology, but not as much as you, you see... But I STILL love technology... Always and forever."  
Kip, Napoleon Dynamite



"Don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day."  Dating online is not all that fun, but I'm an optimist.  If Kip can "be almost 100% positive that [Lafawnduh's] his soul mate" after meeting her on the world wide web, I think that I can at least find a good date on there as well.


To be honest, I have found some good dates.  My favorite dates are the ones where the guy actually thinks about how to impress.  Thinks about their "A" game, and then brings it.  Teaching me how to play darts at the Irish Pub.  That was "A" game.  That was fun.   Taking me bowling and ordering the grossest deep fried item off the menu and daring each other to eat it.  That was "A" game. That was fun.  Slow dancing together outside a restaurant while waiting for a table.  That was "A" game.  That was fun.  


Talking incessantly about yourself?  Not so fun.  I'll even give the benefit of a doubt for nerves on first dates, but before the night was over, he almost had me convinced that rainbows were shooting out of  his ass, but I couldn't see them in the dark hours.  Couple that with the fact that he was short, and I couldn't help but refer to  him as Napoleon in my head.   I even went out a second time with Napoleon before calling it quits.  


Now, I know some of you girlfriends are saying, "But, Brindi, you like short men with tall egos."  Those girlfriends would be correct.  I do seem to be drawn to banty roosters, who strut around.  What one usually finds under those faux exteriors is that there are reasons for their tough shells.  


On the second date, I learned that he still lived at home.  He didn't have a job.  He had a child who needed my children as play dates.  Any of those things, singly, are not deal breakers.  What I learned from Napoleon was that I'm old enough to have my shit together, I would expect someone of the same age to also have theirs together as well.  


In honor of Napoleon and the lesson I learned from him, I made zucchini tots.  Not necessarily tater tots, but they taste just as good.  If you don't like them after you make them, then "just make yourself a dang quesa-dilluh!"


NOTE:  I referred to the date as Napoleon, as in Napoleon Bonaparte, but I don't make French food.  I do, however, have an extensive knowledge of Napoleon Dynamite, the movie.  So in my mind, I made the logical jump from French Napoleon to Napoleon Dynamite.  If you don't know Napoleon Dynamite, you are missing out on some sweet quotes from the movie, many of which I included in this post.  


Zucchini Tots
The Curious Country Cook via Pinterest
1 c. zucchini, grated
1 egg
1/4 yellow onion, diced
1/4 c. cheese (cheddar or Parmesan)
1/4 c. bread crumbs (I used crushed up stuffing mix)
Salt and pepper


Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray.  Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water.  In a small bowl, combine the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, salt, and pepper.  Fill each mini-muffin cup to the top with a spoonful of mixture.  Bake in a 400 degree oven for 15 - 18 minutes, or until the top is brown and crispy.




"Don't worry Napoleon, I'm sure there's a babe out there for you too. Peace out."

What's your favorite Napoleon Dynamite quote? 

Comments

Popular Posts