Peachpolooza

Today was my mother-in-law's birthday. Since Farmer Brown had bought me a large box of peaches for my jam making session, I had plenty of peaches left over. My mother-in-law makes lots of pound cakes. I thought this fresh peach pound cake sounded fabulous. Frick and Frack helped make the cake since it was for their Nana. It took about thirty minutes to get the cake in the oven with their help. That was even with using the stand mixer. I knew my arm would get tired beating in all of those eggs one at a time. For her birthday, I ordered one of these http://www.sideswipeblade.com/ for her. I will need to buy myself one. I don't use the stand mixer often, and having to stop and constantly scrape down the bowl got a little bothersome with the kids helping.

I love hot cake more than anything. And this cake came out of the oven peachy-brown. I had a small taste and was hoping that it would stick to the pan so I could eat the pieces left. That's the trouble with making someone a cake - you can't eat it. You can, however, deliver the cake and linger around until they offer to cut you a slice. Which she did. It was still warm.

This was my first pound cake ever. I definitely would make this again. I would make another right now if I only had some sour cream. I ran out this morning and had to use some vanilla yogurt in place of it.

I am having a little trouble embedding links. Please forgive me. I will have to wait until I return to school and have a student teach me how.

This recipe was found at this website: MermaidCottages.blogspot.com

Sour Cream Peach Pound Cake
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sour cream
2 cups diced fresh or canned peaches
Glaze
1 cup confectioners' sugar
2 Tbsp cream cheese, at room temperature
1 Tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 10-inch fluted tube pan. Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time beating well. Fold the flour, baking soda, salt into the creamed mixture, alternately with the diced peaches and sour cream. Stir in the vanilla and the almond extract. Bake for 65- 75 minutes until the cake is golden brown and will just release from the sides of the cake pan. Let cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then cool completely on a rack.
Once the cake is cool, cream the confectioner's sugar with the cream cheese and milk and pour over the cake. Fresh peaches can go on top for decoration.

Comments

Popular Posts