Marbled Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Glaze

Two years into our marriage, I had a new recipe to make that called for a Bundt pan. I didn't own a Bundt pan. When I called my in-laws house to ask to borrow one, my father-in-law answered. He said, "Honey, as much as you bake, you don't own a Bundt pan?"

I figured he really didn't know what a Bundt pan was. Two hours later, he arrived at my house with my very own, brand-new Bundt pan. Navy blue. He went to Walmart and asked around until he found me the best that Walmart carried.

Every time I use my Bundt pan, I think of my father-in-law and his graciousness to me. And not only to me. He will do anything for anyone at anytime.

There are things that you hope to give to your children. I hope to give his selflessness to them.

To you, I give this Bundt cake recipe to make and share with someone else. If you don't have a Bundt pan, you can call my father-in-law. I'm sure he'll deliver you one, too.

Marbled Pumpkin Cake

1 c. pumpkin

2 tsp. ground cinnamon

1 pkg. yellow cake mix

4 eggs

3/4 c. sour cream

1/4 c. sugar

1/2 c. vegetable oil

1/4 c. water

In medium bowl, combine pumpkin and cinnamon. In large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, sour cream, sugar, oil, and water. Beat on low speed until moistened. Beat on high speed for 2 minutes. Stir 2 1/2 cups batter into pumpkin mix. Alternately spoon plain and pumpkin batter into greased Bundt pan. Bake 375 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes. Cool in pan for 2o minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool.

Caramel Glaze

1 1/2 c. brown sugar

3 Tb. flour

pinch of salt

1 1/4 c. water

2 Tb. butter

1/2 tsp. vanilla

Combine sugar, flour, and salt in a saucepan. Stir in water and butter. Cook over medium heat until mix comes to a boil. Boil for three minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle over cake.

Comments

Emily said…
I love Bundt pans! They're so retro.

Was it a Nordic?
Brindi said…
He got the best Walmart had to offer. I don't really remember if it was a Nordic. Whatever it is, it has taken a beatin'. Nothing sticks to it. I keep going back to it, even after trying the silicone pans and a Pampered Chef stoneware Bundt.
Maria said…
The cake looks super tasty!!

Popular Posts