Summer Berries

It is turning out to be a lovely year for berries.  My mama's black raspberries are churning out gallons of berries.  I'm so fortunate that she shares them with me.


She also shared this recipe.  She usually makes a chocolate glaze out of melted Hershey's bars and drizzles it over the top.  I prefer mine plain.

Black Raspberry Cake

1 yellow cake mix (or french vanilla or white), plus ingredients called for on package, cutting water in half
2 c. fresh black raspberries

Blend all ingredients together as directed on the package, including the black raspberries.  Pour into a greased and floured bundt pan and bake according to the directions on the back of the cake mix box. 


I also used this recipe from Joy the Baker for black raspberry muffins.  These muffins were easy to make.  They were just a good solid muffin, espescially warm from the oven. 


What's your favorite summer berry?

Comments

Popular Posts