The Zucchinis are Here and are Multiplying

I was so excited last week because I found this



It has only taken me a whole week to get tired of finding it.

I have made three turns of Pineapple Zucchini Bread. I have steamed it, sauteed it, and crisped it. I always start getting a little desperate, wanting to save the environment and eat locally and all that jazz, so I feel I need to use the zucchini up. Every summer, I pull out this recipe, look at the ingredients, and my stomach heaves a little. Then, I make it.

Trust me - it is not a waste of pizza dough.

This is a super-duper way to use the zucchini differently.


(Warning: Yes, even though you know I always take bad pictures, the pizza still looks this disgusting.)

Zucchini Pie
1 pizza crust (I used a Martha White mix)
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tsp. mustard
4 c. grated zucchini
1 c. chopped onion
1/2 c. butter
2 Tb. parsley
1/4 tsp. oregano
1/4 tsp. basil
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese


Place the crust in your pizza pan. Spread with the mustard (I used a little more mustard to lightly cover the crust.) Sprinkle with 1 c. of shredded mozzarella cheese. Saute the zucchini, onion and butter in a large skillet, 3-5 minutes until tender. Then add the spices. (I did use fresh oregano, parsley, and basil from the garden.) Spread the mixture over the cheese on the crust. Then, beat the two eggs and stir in the remaining cup of cheese. Spoon and spread this over the zucchini. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.


Comments

Popular Posts